Our Cardiac Rehabilitation program is nationally certified through the American Association of Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Rehabilitation. We help patients become active partners with their physicians to better manage their disease. This leads to decreased illness and health care costs, and improves patients' quality of life.
Adventist Medical Center's skilled medical professionals treat patients at a variety of stages, from preventive through diet and exercise classes, to helping patients recover from a heart attack and heart or lung disease. Staff members start with the basic services and personalize them with classes, diet and exercise schedules according to each patient's individual needs.
Cardiac Rehab provides education and exercise classes to people who have had heart attacks, open heart surgery, stent placement, angina and heart failure. These classes help with :
- Increased physical, strength and endurance
- Decreased risk of ongoing issues through lifestyle modification of diet and cholesterol issues, smoking cessation, blood pressure and stress reduction
- Decreased depression and anxiety
- Decreased joint limitations
- Safe return to work
Monitored Cardiac Rehab Exercise Program
Monday and Wednesday: 7:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Friday: 7:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
Special Instructions: Physician referral required.
Personalized Exercise Program
Safe and effective for the cardiac patient while:
- Monitoring your symptoms
- Increasing exercise tolerance
- Starting a home exercise program
- Progressing your physical activity at work and leisure
Provided to help you acquire the skills needed to optimize your health including:
- Recognizing the signs and symptoms of heart disease and knowing when to seek medical treatment to prevent or minimize heart damage
- Understanding your cardiac medications
- Lowering your cholesterol through good nutrition
- Weight loss
- High blood pressure control
- Understanding heart disease and how to live with it
- Stress management and coping
Ongoing Unmonitored Cardiac Rehab/Medically Supervised Exercise Classes
Tuesday and Thursday, 7:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Cardiac Rehab Support Group
Second Monday of each month, 6:00 - 8:00 p.m. in the Columbia/Willamette Room
In the monthly support group series for heart patients and their families, our group facilitator guides the discussion topics of:
- Overcoming fear, depression or anger
- Problem solving process
- Stress management
- Relaxation response
- Relationships with family
- Communication through intimacy
- Dealing with the "at risk" role