Adventist Health Medical Group
Patient Centered Primary Care Home
Adventist Health Medical Group has several clinics that have been recognized as Patient Centered Primary Care Homes. This recognition is evidence that we're committed to better health and better care for you and your family.
The following clinics have received the Patient Centered Primary Care Home designation:
As your primary care home, we will:
- Better coordinate your care to help get you the services you need, when you need them
- Listen to your concerns and answer your questions
- Offer after-hours help and alternatives to the emergency room
- Help you play an active role in your health
Getting the best possible care
Your primary care home will make prevention and wellness a top priority. If you have a special health concern or condition, your health care team will help connect you with other health professionals to get you the care you need. For example, they can connect you with a nutritionist, behavioral health specialist, or a care manager -- whatever your health needs call for. This is your health care team.
Your health care team
Your health care team is led by your primary care provider, and everyone will work together to make sure they’re on the same page when it comes to your health. This ensures you get the best possible care.
Your Next Appointment
Your health care team wants you to speak up!
- Bring a list of questions and tell your care team what health issues you want to focus on first — tell them what’s important to you
- Use your own words to repeat back the things you’ve discussed. This way, you and your care team will know the information is clear
- Ask your care team how to reach them after hours
- Before you leave, be sure you know when your next appointment is and the things you can work on to improve your health
What You Can Expect
A Patient-Centered Primary Care Home is a health clinic that is recognized for their commitment to patient-centered care. And just as it sounds, patient-centered care is all about you and your health!
Primary care homes are:
- Accessible: Care is available when you need it, including someone you can talk to after hours if you have health concerns
- Accountable: Your primary care home is responsible for providing the highest quality care to you and the community they serve
- Comprehensive: You get all the care, information and services you need to stay healthy
- Continuous: Your health care providers get to know you and work with you over time to reach your health goals
- Coordinated: Your health care providers help connect you with the care you need in a safe and timely way
- Patient & Family Centered: You and your family are the most important part of your health. Your care is delivered with respect for your cultural background, and in your preferred language
The Patient-Centered Primary Care Home Program recognizes clinics as primary care homes and makes sure they meet the standards of care. The program is part of the Oregon Health Authority whose goal is to improve the health and care of all Oregonians.
Visit www.PrimaryCareHome.oregon.gov for more information.