Cancer Prevention Study-3
Volunteer today for a cancer-free tomorrow.
June 12-13, 2013
What if you could prevent even one family from hearing the words “you have cancer”?
This June, you can fight back against cancer by joining the American Cancer Society’s historic research study called the Cancer Prevention Study-3 (CPS-3). By joining CPS-3, you can help researchers better understand the genetic, environmental and lifestyle factors that cause or prevent cancer, which will ultimately save lives.
Who can join the study?
The study is open to anyone who:
- Is willing to make a long-term commitment to the study, which involves completing periodic follow-up surveys at home for the next 20-30 years
- Is between 30 and 65 years old
- Has never been diagnosed with cancer (not including basal or squamous cell skin cancer)
How can you participate?
Participation is easy and enrollment is taking place in Portland June 12-13, 2013 at Adventist Medical Center. Your initial enrollment requires two steps and will involve the following:
- After scheduling your enrollment appointment, you will receive a confirmation email with instructions to go online and complete your first, most comprehensive survey. This survey will ask you questions regarding medications you are taking, family history of cancer, lifestyle and other behaviors. This survey must be completed prior to your appointment time.
- At your appointment, you will be asked to sign an informed consent form, complete a brief survey, and provide a waist circumference measurement and a small blood sample (similar to a doctor’s visit). The blood sample will be taken by a certified, trained phlebotomist. Your appointment should last approximately 20- 30 minutes.
To schedule your appointment, visit www.cps3portland.com
What else can you do?
If you are not eligible to enroll, be an advocate for Cancer Prevention Study-3. Encourage those close to you to take part in this potentially life-saving study in your honor. Spread the word to everyone you know.
For more information visit visit cancer.org/cps3 or call 888-604-5888.
Adventist Medical Center, Education Center B
10123 SE Market St.
Portland, OR 97216
Wednesday, June 12 - 2:00 p.m.–5:30 p.m.
Thursday, June 13 - 8:00 a.m.–11:30 a.m.