Breast Cancer Care Coordinator
Adventist Medical Center's breast cancer care coordinator is Teri Gilmore, RN. Teri helps patients find hope through their journey with cancer. She brings over 20 years of oncology experience to the position. Her focus is on women's breast health, while serving as a guide and advocate for breast cancer patients.
Breast cancer treatment is a physically and mentally complex process. Teri’s goal is to provide patients with a medical companion and advocate--someone who fully understands the process and can help them navigate their treatment options.
A Patient Shares... Thank you for your kindness yesterday in helping me look for a wig. The turbans are fun and I love the quilts. They are so cozy and cheered me up, knowing someone made them. Thanks for noticing that I wasn't feeling well; bringing me water and taking me to my car in the wheelchair. I appreciate your helpful, caring personality. Adventist Medical Center is lucky to have you. - Portland patient
Making It Easier for You
As the dedicated cancer care coordinator for Adventist Medical Center, Teri mentors and supports breast cancer patients throughout their treatment. She contacts each woman diagnosed with breast cancer at Adventist Medical Center to assist them with:
- Understanding your diagnosis and treatment options
- Scheduling appointments and arranging for referrals
- Obtaining test results more quickly
- Communicating with your doctors and health care team
- Getting your questions answered
- Completing insurance paperwork
- Finding ways to pay for health care if you don't have insurance
- Finding transportation to your appointments
- Identifying local resources and support
Teri also supports members of Adventist Medical Center’s patient and oncology care teams, serving as a liaison among the medical staff, physicians and patients to ensure that the treatment process is as seamless as possible. To learn more about Adventist Medical Center’s breast cancer care services, call 503-261-6676.