Accreditation and Awards
Chest Pain Center
- Adventist Medical Center is one of only three accredited chest pain centers in the State of Oregon.
- AMC received recognition from the American Heart/Stroke association and was awarded the Platinum Award for Heart Attack Care
Stroke Center Certification
- AMC is a Joint Commission certified stroke center.
- 2012 Get with the Guidelines Sliver Plus Certification.
Professional Research Consultants
Rankings based on database of 462 hospitals with 12 key areas plus two overall perception questions.
These services ranked in the top 10% nationally - Three 5-star (Gold) Awards
- Hospitalist Services
- Laboratory Services
- Nursing Care
- Anesthesia Services
- Radiology Services
- Medical Records
- Surgical Services
The following services ranked in the top quartile nationally - Eight 4-star (Silver) Awards
- Patient Safety
- Quality of Care
- Emergency Services
- Overall Place to Practice Medicine
- Pathology Services
Recipient of the Healthgrades Distinguished Hospital Award - Clinical Excellence in 2014
Recipient of the Healthgrades Patient Safety Excellence Award - Top 5% Nationwide five years in a row.
- One of Healthgrades America’s 100 Best Hospitals for Spine Surgery™ for 3 Years in a Row (2012-2014)
- One of Healthgrades America’s 100 Best Hospitals for Critical Care™ in 2014
- Recipient of the Healthgrades Spine Surgery Excellence Award™ for 5 Years in a Row (2010-2014)
- Ranked Among the Top 10% in the Nation for Spine Surgery for 5 Years in a Row (2010-2014)
- Five-Star Recipient for Back Surgery for 5 Years in a Row (2010-2014)
- Five-Star Recipient for Spinal Fusion Surgery for 10 Years in a Row (2005-2014)
- Five-Star Recipient for Treatment of Heart Attack
- Five-Star Recipient for Treatment of Pneumonia
- Five-Star Recipient for Repair of Abdominal Aorta in 2014
- Five-Star Recipient for Peripheral Vascular Bypass for 3 Years in a Row (2012-2014)
- Five-Star Recipient for Appendectomy for 3 years in a row (2012–2014)
- Recipient of the Healthgrades Critical Care Excellence Award™ in 2014
- Ranked Among the Top 5% in the Nation for Critical Care in 2014
- Five-Star Recipient for Treatment of Sepsis for 4 Years in a Row (2011-2014)
- Five-Star Recipient for Treatment of Pulmonary Embolism in 2014
- Five-Star Recipient for Treatment of Respiratory Failure in 2014
- Five-Star Recipient for Gynecologic Surgery for 3 Years in a Row (2011-2013)
Portland Hospitals Best Ratings VideoPortland Hospitals Best Ratings Video
KATU covers the Portland hospitals that have the best ratings.
Portland Business Journal