Why Choose Adventist Health?
Quality patient care is the primary focus with Adventist Health. Everything we do is centered on improving the outcomes of care and creating a safe and comfortable healing environment for our patients. Our network of highly skilled primary and specialty care providers offer care across our clinic system and at our Portland hospital. There are many reasons to choose Adventist Health including:
Meet the CEO of Adventist Medical Center and hear about our commitment to quality, patient safety, access and serviceMeet the CEO of Adventist Medical Center and hear about our commitment to quality, patient safety, access and service
Meet the CEO of Adventist Medical Center and hear about our commitment to quality, patient safety, access and service.
- Patients have access to 207 primary care providers in 31 convenient locations
- Our Emergency Department has some of the shortest wait times and best outcomes in the metro area
- Consumer Reports calls Adventist Medical Center “One of the safest hospitals in the nation for clinical outcomes”
- Adventist Medical Center is a fully accredited Chest Pain Center – one of only three such centers in Oregon
- Our Hospitalists (physicians who care for you when you’re admitted in the hospital), are ranked in the top 2 percent nationwide for quality care
- Named a Community Value Five-Star hospital for affordable cost, quality performance and financial viability
- Awarded Five-Star Excellence nationwide in Appendectomy, Back and Neck Surgery, Carotid Surgery, and Peripheral Vascular Bypass.
- Home to Five-Star Family Birth Place with highly skilled physicians utilizing the da Vinci surgical robot to treat an array of complex women’s health concerns
- Home to the Aspire Orthopedic Institute, offering minimally invasive MAKOplasty surgical options
- Urgent Care Centers in Gresham and Sandy
- Access to Physical, Occupational and Speech therapists located throughout Vancouver, East Portland and Gresham
- Adventist Medical Center provides Oregon’s largest private hospital inpatient Behavioral Health unit
What is Quality in Health Care?
The Institute of Medicine defines high-quality healthcare as that which is:
"Safe, effective, patient-centered, timely, efficient, and equitable."
Quality is focus that fuels everything we do for patient safety, outcomes, satisfaction, patient-centered care, cost effectiveness, efficiency and process improvement. The patient’s best interest is at the center of every decision and every improvement we make. Our goal is to always be making lasting improvements. Our daily commitment is to provide the best evidence-based care — the gold standards — for every patient, every time.
These pages are designed to show how we are doing as a hospital. In some areas, we are national leaders in patient safety and quality. In other areas, we still have some work to do. Here you will find data on our performance, and some of the steps that we have taken to ensure safe patient care.
We are committed to transparency, and an open discussion of how we are serving the community. We hope that you find these pages informative, and that they help you make better healthcare decisions.