Adventist Medical Center Earns Five-Star Rating For Hospitalist Services
Adventist Medical Center (AMC), a Southeast Portland, Ore., hospital serving the greater Portland and Vancouver, Wash., metropolitan area, won the Five-Star Hospital Award for "Hospitalist Services" from Professional Research Consultants (PRC). AMC placed in the top 10 percent, as judged by other physicians, out of nearly 400 hospitals that participated in the survey. Hospitalist services refer to physicians whose practices emphasize providing care for hospitalized patients. The role of these physicians is to serve as the attending doctor for hospitalized patients, increasing patient safety, reducing infection and enhancing communication.
“We are honored and humbled to be recognized among the best in the nation by the medical staff through this prestigious PRC Five-Star Hospital Award,” said Dr. Jin Park, co-medical director of Admissions and Management Hospitalist Service at AMC. “Our team of 15 hospitalists share a commitment to patient care excellence. And this commitment includes providing the best service to our outpatient primary care colleagues as well as to our hospital-based specialists.”
AMC also received four-star awards for placing in the top 25 percent of hospitals nationwide in six additional hospital services categories, reflecting the overall level of physician competence at AMC:
- Nursing care: The responsiveness to patient/family needs; assessment and monitoring; and care and treatment of patients.
- Radiology services: The ease of scheduling tests; communication with the physicians; and convenience of contacting a radiologist to discuss the results.
- Quality of care: The high level of physician services that meet patient needs; care and treatment of patients in hospital departments by nursing; timeliness of laboratory results; and patient safety initiatives to improve care.
- A place to practice medicine: The caliber of nursing care with assessing and monitoring patients; the hospitalists’ competence; and administration’s communication and involvement.
- Anesthesia services: The level of competence of anesthesiologists; pain management effectiveness; and attention to patients while in surgery.
- Administration: The willingness to involve physicians in strategic direction of the hospital; responsiveness to concerns and complaints; and providing amenities.
"We are focused on making Adventist Medical Center an exceptional place to practice medicine," said Tom Russell, president and CEO of AMC. "We are honored to receive the PRC awards, which recognize not only our quality of care, but our commitment to involving physicians in the strategic direction of this hospital."
PRC’s National Excellence in Healthcare Awards recognize organizations rated at the top of the healthcare industry by the PRC medical staff, in comparison to other clients from a national database.
"This award recognizes the hard work, dedication and determination that our physicians and nursing staff demonstrate in making Adventist Medical Center an exceptional place to receive care and for physicians to send their patients," said Dr. Wes Rippey, chief medical officer for AMC. "The awards reflect the high level of confidence our medical staff has in the abilities of our hospitalists and the services of this hospital."
Learn more about Adventist Medical Center's Hospitalist Services.
About Adventist Medical Center (AMC)
Adventist Medical Center (AMC), located in southeast Portland, is a nonprofit, 302-bed acute care facility, offering a full range of inpatient, outpatient and emergency services throughout the Portland/Vancouver metropolitan area. AMC is a member of Adventist Health, headquartered in Roseville, Calif. The organization represents regional delivery networks spanning California, Hawaii, Oregon and Washington.
Adventist Medical Center is part of Adventist Health, a not-for-profit, faith-based health care system operating in California, Hawaii, Oregon and Washington. Founded on the Seventh-day Adventist heritage of Christian health care, Adventist Health is comprised of 17 hospitals with more than 2,600 beds, approximately 18,600 employees, numerous clinics and outpatient facilities, the largest system of rural health clinics in California with additional sites in Oregon and Washington, 14 home care agencies and four joint-venture retirement centers. For more information, visit www.adventisthealthnw.com or www.adventisthealth.org.
# # #
- Judy Leach, Director Marketing & Communications: email@example.com, 503-251-6162